Pet Wellness Exam
One of the most important parts of being a pet parent is keeping them healthy. At Valley Green Veterinary Hospital we believe that the best care is preventative vet care. By caring for your pet while he's healthy, we help you to make sure he stays healthy and happy.
Benefits of Pet Wellness Exams
Healthy pets have good immune systems, which make it harder for diseases to infect them. Even if your pet does become ill, we're more likely to catch it early when you bring your furry friend in for regular wellness exams, and early diagnosis is the key to treating and curing any disease easier and more quickly.
Regular wellness exams also offer your pet the chance for vaccinations, parasite checks and prevention, ongoing observation to prevent obesity, and consultations about behavioral problems that may crop up. With regular wellness examinations, you and our vet will work together to keep your pet healthy and energetic.
Routine Pet Exams With our Veterinarian
When you bring your pet in for a regular wellness examination, our veterinarian team will give her a nose-to-tail checkup, both inside and out. A pet wellness exam in our office includes checking your pet's current health as well as administering treatments that keep her healthy in the future. This can include:
- A physical examination of your pet's fur and skin to look for parasites or rashes
- Weighing and measuring to make sure your pet is at a healthy weight
- Nutritional counseling if your dog or cat is among the thousands of overweight pets in our state
- Vaccinations to build your pet's immune system and prevent deadly diseases
- Medications to prevent heartworm, fleas, ticks and other dangerous parasites
- A dental examination to look for loose or missing teeth, bleeding, swollen tongue or gums, or any type of infection. We'll also find out if your pet has a tartar buildup, which can mean she needs a professional cleaning appointment
We'll also consult with you about your pet's behaviors to find out if they have any subtle symptoms of developing disease, or behavioral problems that could benefit from expert training.
Looking for a Veterinarian in Etters?
You love your dog or cat and want to make sure he lives a long and healthy life. In order to do that, pets need regular medical checkups, just like people do. It's important that your pet gets to know his veterinarian team, so he feels more comfortable during his annual checkups. We want to get to know your furry friend, so we can help him to live a healthy lifestyle. Give us a call to make an exam appointment. Call us at (717) 938-8944 and we'll schedule a visit that fits in with your busy lifestyle.